14 May 2011

It's All About Sadies


As we approached mile 1,006 on Wednesday afternoon, we were privileged to stop in Albuquerque and meet Anna's dad, John, for some real New Mexican-inspired delicacies. He treated us to one of his favorite restaurants: Sadies of New Mexico. I ordered the Sadies Taco, Anna the chicken enchiladas, and John the chile relleno. Each dish came with fried potatoes and whole beans. Definitely not in Missouri anymore. :) All three of us enjoyed our dishes and finished them off with the traditional New Mexican sopapilla: a fried pastry-like bread with honey poured on top. I would have to say, it was well worth the 1,006 miles! :)

Signing off for now:
A & K



4 comments:

  1. I want sopapiiiilllllllassssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an Adventure!!!!!!!You girls are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too want sopapiiiilllllllllassssssssss !! I haven't had one for so long and I'll bet the traditional ones like you had were excellent!!! So happy you are having a great time/experience. Keeping you in my prayers!!!
    Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva...It is quite the adventure! Emily...come on down and we'll get you some sopapillas! Robin...thank you for the prayers, they are taken to heart!

    ReplyDelete