09 May 2011

Beginnings

 blog  noun  /blȯg/
a Website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer

            Since this is the “official” first posting on the blog, I think it only fair to give you a purpose for its creation. Most of you know that T and I will be spending the next ten weeks exploring southern Arizona together and trying our hardest to stay out of trouble! I was racking my brain as I tried to come up with a creative and convenient way to keep all of our closest family and friends (that’d be you!) in the loop with our escapades. It finally dawned on me that a blog would be the perfect answer. Let’s face it, sending postcards to all of you every week, although very thoughtful, would not be easy on the bank! The more I thought about it, I began to realize that this blog would be as much for you as it is for me. I am looking forward to chronicling the next ten weeks and creating an archive of all the crazy stories, adventures, pictures, and food Arizona offers.  Thus, the creation of due southwest!

             I hope that you all can enjoy the next ten weeks as you live vicariously through the stories and pictures. Please, feel free to leave comments! I would love to read them (they make home that much closer!).

Enjoy!  
K & T
P.S. Stayed tuned! Tomorrow begins the 23 hour road trip! 


6 comments:

  1. Hey! I love this idea!! I will be praying for your safety as you travel to Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katie, thanks for this and I am so happy that I will be able to share this awesome experience with you!! Another way to keep the close feeling while we are so far away!! I love you both!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOTE TO FOLLOWERS: the follow button is on the right side, not the left. Pray that Katie can navigate her lefts and rights due Southwest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Katie a bit challenged like your Aunt Jeanne?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH goodie, MY "POST" worked. Bet you girls are gonna sleep well tonight. Save trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete